94 mustang having problems

i just bought a 94 mustang automatic and it is making a lurching when warmed up and after about 8 miles it starts. the idle goes up when this is happening does anyone have any suggestions please tell me thanks sammy3smith

Reply to
sammy3smith

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 07:46:54 -0500, "sammy3smith" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Just name it Lurch and quit worrying about it. :)

Reply to
ZombyWoof

not that simple but thanks for your witty comment tracy

Reply to
sammy3smith

sammy3smith opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

You're going to have to define it a little better.

I think the problem is with the idle speed and not related to a trans problem.

What engine?

What is the idle RPM as it starts cold, what does it go to after a minute or so?

What rpm does it go to, WARMED UP, when this happens..in Park position?

do you note too high rpm when pulling to a stop?

Go to Autozone or other parts place that does free diagnostic code readout and get the codes, if any.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Clean the mass air meter and the idle air control.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

do you think a throttle cable being loose could cause it maybe it is worn or sticking

Reply to
peewee123