`98 GT-Insufficient Switching Control Valve

What is it & how do I fix this insufficient switching control valve. When I get up to 50-60mph it starts jerking real bad. I can't ease off the gas I have to let off completely. It also surges when idling, but doesn't do it all the time. I have changed the plugs, MAF sensor, ERG valve & all 4 O2 sensors. What else could be causing this?

Reply to
tammysmustang

Welcome to 'newbie world' You most likely just wasted a LOT of money!

Why on earth did you change the O2 sensors? Because some parts counter guy said to?

ISC means Idle Speed Control.

That is probably the culprit, though we cant be sure. You may have more than one problem You changed {?} the MAF, when a cleaning would have most probably sufficed.

Suggest you rely on internet concensus (that means MORE THAN ONE) before acquaintance suggestions.

Which might have also suggested you have the codes read out and posted those codes (actual ones) on here or alt.autos.ford

You'll know better next time, right?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic