'99 mustang "exploding spark plugs"

Anyone have problems with spark plug modules spontaneously self destructing (after only 25,000 km in 1999 Mustang)?

US $2K (ouch!)

Reply to
Bob

Are they Champions, by chance ?

destructing

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

I think he is talking about the coil-on-plug modules ? (I've never heard of 8 sparkplugs costing $2000 ) Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

Oh. I thought he meant it cost $2000 to repair the damage.

:()

Reply to
dwight

Bob opined in news:S0eSc.1622124$ snipped-for-privacy@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

Thanks for the details, Bob! Very helpful.

Is it just me or are there a high percentage of twits on Rogers? What is it.. they market to the Canadian version of Web-tv customers?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks for the compliment. There is a high percentage of twits on Rogers (and AOL, and MSM, and .......)

Mine is a '65 and the twit (the other guy who is not as good looking, nowhere near as articulate, and knows even less about ignition systems than a guy with a '65) asked the question. I think what happened is that an under-torqued plug strip out and grenaded the "spark plug module" as I referred to it. I posted the question to see if there were any other failures that may be module related rather than launching a spark plug toward the cosmos. The cost was for the new head at the dealership, who for reasons obvious to Ford, prefers to sell heads than helicoils to twits.

Reply to
Bob

hmmm,now that you mention it.........could be yes........ Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

Reply to
GILL

Thanks for clearing that up... I guess I am the twit for not understanding.. or maybe not reading your mind?!!!

Bob opined in news:DOVSc.621$ snipped-for-privacy@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic