SpeedCal question (Tom--bluestang98??)

I have set the SpeedCal for 3.27 to 3.73 gear change.. but I couldn't find anything for tire sizes. Any idea?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

255/60/15 are 27.04 diameter while a stock 245/45/17 is 25.68 diameter.

If I remember my jr. high school math correctly

27.04 3.73

------ X ----

25.68 A

25.68*3.73=27.04*A

95.79=27.04*A 95.79/27.04=A 3.54=A

So in otherword set it for 3.55 gears and you'll be just fine.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

kk... I didn't understand any of that.. but thanks MadDAWG ;).

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

that maybe, but Mr. Cooper is smiling lol

Actually its a simple ratio tall tire * low gear = short tire * higher gear. Since we know 3 of the 4 values its simple to come up with the 4th.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Did you go to

and use their calculator for the dipswitch settings?

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98