99GT Exhaust Emissions?

Greetings,

It's been a while since I've posted on here and time have moved on.

Just about to take possesion of a 99GT that I have imported to England from Florida.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find how much CO2 a 99GT puts out. Reason being, the UK goverment has just increased road tax to an all time high, based on engine pollution. Therefore if I can prove that the

4.6 V8 is below a certain level of CO2 production I can theroretically pay less tax.

Cheers guys,

JohnP.

-- I am looking for 5 key people, in UK, Ireland, Holland or Germany, who need to earn £200 - £300 per month (or more if you want to) in their spare time. This could help pay your mortgage or for a holiday of your dreams. What about a new car? Income is limited only by your imagination!! Visit

If this does not interest you please pass it on to someone who might need it. Thank you.

Reply to
JohnP

In what measure? grams per distance traveled? Since it's going to be a value that is basically determined by fuel economy it is going to vary widely depending upon the type of driving. So there must be a set driving cycle in the UK to determine the value used for taxation.

Considering the number of older cars on the road, is this measured by some sort of testing facility or are the older cars simply exempt or on a fixed rate?

I suppose it could be roughly calculated for the EPA driving cycle, however I don't think that will be the same as the one used in the UK.

Reply to
Brent P

Try this link

Not sure if its exactly what you are looking for, but it might help.

Reply to
Blue Gator

Always look for a support group at home, first..Bet this guy can fix you right up

AND ANUVVER FING.... FULHAM 1-0 CHELSEA !!!!!!!

Yeeee - HA!!!!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Fulham & Chelsea, pooh :) who are they, "WE ARE THE ONE AND ONLY WANDERERS!!" :)

Reply to
JohnP