A Change Is In The Air... Waves.

FM radio has progressively gone downhill over the last 20-25 years and now is a sad shithole of small play lists (repeating the exact same songs by the same artists over and over again), crude morning talk show blabbering, endless and annoying commercials, dubbed over "objectionable" lyrics, and talked over music. FM radio's only bright spot has been National Public Radio (NPR), until recently. There is a change in the air(waves), and it's called Neo-Radio. Take a listen.

Much the way the new "Hemmings Muscle Machines" magazine has put the standard for car magazines back in a lofty position, I think Neo-Radio is going to do the same do for the FM dial.

I can't wait to see my son's "Corporate Radio Sucks" t-shirt to be as outdated as our old "Can't Drive 55" t-shirts.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Side note: If you like new music, keep an eye on WOXY.com. They had a good site, had some problems and shut down, but are promising to be back on-line soon.

Reply to
Patrick

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patrick) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

What's old is new again. This is how FM originally started out back in the late '60s and early '70s. Hopefully, it'll amount to something. Now, FM is like what AM used to be, and AM is a waste. The interesting stuff is on the Internet and satellite.

Joe Calypso Green '934 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

Reply to
Joe

FM radio is alright... get the occassional good song. I usually just burn CDs these days. I am the developer & system administrator for Inc. Music Group, Inc.. so I listen to mostly independent artists.. and there are some GREAT indie artists... check out

and this isn'tspam.. truly good music there. It's still growing though.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset
** FM radio has progressively gone downhill over the last 20-25 years and ** now is a sad shithole

I agree. The best it had to offer was 'Album Rock' in the 70's and 80's; one station in particular had no interruption at all as an entire record was aired. Advertising and mindless yappin' happened between sets. This for me, was the pinnacle of FM broadcasting. Nowadays, precious little music is actually played.

Reply to
JD Adams