AC/ HEATER

Hello group. I have a 1994 Ford Mustang GT and I can't for some reason get the air condition or heater to blow out the the vents. I only place that the air is blowing out of is the defrost compartment. I don't even know if the air condition is blowing out of there anymore. Could someone give me some insight on this matter and if it is a exspensive job or what. All advice is greatly appreciated.

Jeffrey,

Reply to
Jeffrey Privott Sr

sounds like you have a door (air deflection) stuck (inside the ac/heater box) or a control cable is off. check under dash passengerside to see any loose connectors, or cable off vent control. on fox bodies, the control cable would slip off the air deflector control a lot, no heat, but one could just put it back on. probably there are some tests you can.

taking out the heater box is a bitch and costs a lot.

Reply to
AshtarSheran

"Jeffrey Privott Sr" wrote in news:o61Jk.6295$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe06.iad:

I have a 97v6, it had the same issue and it turned out to be the vacumme line that feed the control box was broken. Replaced it and that fixed it. The broken vacumme line was in the engine compartment just infront of the firewall.

Charlie

Reply to
Charles

My first thought would be vacuum line.... defrost is the "default" position for heater output... That is to say most any failure should result in defroster output..

Reply to
<mechanic