another brake question (light switch?)

Another thing I had my local shop check out on my car, while it was in getting a substantial brake system overhaul, was a problem I've been having with the brake lights not going on when pressing the pedal. They replaced the switch back there and while doing so, seemed to improve it some, but after a short while it seemed to be screwed up again.

Interestingly, I noticed last night while testing it, that I could repeatedly get the lights to go on when I *pulled* on the brake pedal. I think, but can't remember for sure, that it used to do this as well weeks before, before they replaced the switch.

If so, there seems to be a decent chance that the problem is not with the switch afterall.

It's an older car, so maybe it's a more obscure kind of related thing that could have been worn out over the last 17 years? :::shrug:::

Anybody have some experience with this problem, or similar, that would care to share some insight?

TIA!

It's an '87 LX 5.0, right around 177k miles.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
jake lee