battery drain-alarm ?????

this has happened twice: thanks to rainy weather, the '06 Stang sits in the garage for 3+ weeks. no problem if the alarm isn't set......battery totally dead if I set the alarm. (has the optional Active system with the motion detectors, etc).

what are others experiences? obviously, the Active system uses some juice......anybuddy know how long it could sit with alarm on and not kill the battery?

sort of a pain.......my Chrysler has a system (without the motion detectors) and can sit in the garage for months with alarm on and the LED on the dash blinking away without draining battery. bad enough in my home garage.....would hate to live someplace like NYC where a 'Stang would sit in an apartment building garage for weeks between uses - and you suire wouldn't want to leave it unlocked!

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

My 2003 Mustang and 2000 Contour do/did the same thing. Was able to remove the alarm in the Contour but the Mustang still has the problem. It runs the battery down in about a week.At least it hasn't caught fire. Yet:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Thanks Al....

glad I'm not the only one.

reading the Owner's Manual (or trying to make sense of it)........supposedly if I lock the door with key rather than remote, it turns on the door,hood,trunk sensors, but not the motion detectors.......will see if that extends how long it can be left without killing battery.

Gets kind of old resetting time, radio stations, etc.

JC

Reply to
Itsfrom Click