Finally Stopped the Battery Drain

After scratching my head and taking my 2008 Z06 to the Chevy dealer for dead batteries and having to reprogram various computers many times, I finally found the problem with the Vette. It's the Mild To Wild remote exhaust system I added to it. Ironically, I always removed the M2W when I took the car in so as to not have any warranty concerns. So the shop could never find the problem. We blamed it on On-Star and all the crap that automatically fires up in the middle of the night.

Well it's the M2W system. There is now a work around that says it's "no current draw" but that the exhaust always starts "open" and you have to close it manually. I just shit canned the whole thing. I've jumped, charged and changed the battery too many times. Got the battery free under warranty. It'll start after sitting in the garage 3 weeks with the radar detector on now.

Anyone know of another system that uses the built in garage door opener and doesn't use any juice?

Ed

Reply to
Spud

My C5 was eating batteries and even took down a new battery. It went to the dealer on a wrecker totally dead. After several hours of looking they found what may have caused the problem. Someone had moved the dash light dimmer control to the full position that turns on the interior lights. It was daytime and I never noticed them being ON. I never use this thing and probably did it cleaning the car in sunlight. A simple solution to a problem that was driving me nuts.

Reply to
aRKay