Battery tender: how much do I need to spend

I'm getting ready to put the Mustang to bed for the winter, and I thought I'd put a battery tender on my Christmas list.

My wife has already spent close to the limit, so I was wondering what you guys suggest.

Thanks, Mitch

Reply to
Mitch

I have looked in to this myself as well.

the Battery Tender Jr. can be found ebay at buy it now for the $20's this will maintain your battery only. battery tender plus is in the $40's on ebay and will do charging as well. I will buy this one.

can anyone else add to this reply ?

dave

Reply to
DaveZ

What's a battery tender?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I have the battery tender that charges and it works great......I think it is a good investment

James

1999 Mustang GT 2003 Mustang Cobra

snipped-for-privacy@recorddeal.com wrote:

Reply to
James Fowler

They are "smart" chargers that keep a battery at the perfect level for storage.

Garth Almgren

Ahhh.. very cool. I could use one of those.. too bad I can't afford to spend any money on anythign I want right now. On the other hand.. I am getting Steeda Subframe connectors & Steeda Heavy Duty Rear Sway bar for Christmas..

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

A battery tender is a smart charger. It monitors the battery voltage and only charges it if the voltage is low. You can't leave a charger on your battery for long periods.. it will overcharge you battery and damage it. You can leave a battery tender on you battery as long as you like. I leave mine on my Stang all Winter. It keeps the battery in good shape and ready to go. Expect to pay $50 to $60. Worth it IMO.

LJH

95GT

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

I suggest to get the battery-minder This one can do more. Check out batterymart.com for good prices. I've had great results with it on my motorcycle and car. Main feature over battery-tender is that it claims to de-sulphate the batteries. It's easy to hook up, and you don't have to look at it anymore. It can stay hooked up for years. after the battery is full it goes into a very low charge mode where it also desulphates the battery plates (on lead acid batteries) You can also hook up more than one battery (same type) at the same time. note: I have no connection with either company. This is my experience with them.

Rein

Hmmm....I see there's a box from Griote's addressed to my wife. Wonder what it could be......

Reply to
Mitch