"Best" manual for Fox Mustangs?

I've been looking at various repair manuals for my new (well, to me anyway) '89 LX 5.0. I bought a Haynes manual from AutoZone and am really unimpressed with it. I guess I need more and better illustrations - sort of a "Mustangs for Dummies" book.

I also bought a genuine Ford service manual specifically for the '89 Mustang off eBay and it was pretty damned pricey. It hasn't arrived yet, but I hope it will be a lot better.

Does anyone have any favorites?

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

I hope you didn't spend any more than $52 on it (I see eBay listings for them that go as high as $98) since that's what it costs to buy one new from the company that publishes them, helminc.com. The genuine factory service manuals are as good as they get; books from Haynes, Chilton, etc. don't even come close. You can also get Technical Service Bulletins specific to your vehicle from helminc.com as well, plus they have a lot of more specialized texts regarding just the emissions system, vacuum/electrical, A/C, etc. I've ordered shop manual sets for both my 1987 and 1991 Mustangs through them, they were definitely worth the cost. I also just recently bought a 1997 Saturn SL sedan set through them... it ended up having over 3000 (seriously) pages of documents in it. Compare that to the 150 or so page manual Haynes had, and you can see why it's the preferred route.

Reply to
The Hurdy Gurdy Man