Help:rear main seal-67 FE big block

I've got a rear main seal leak on my 67 FE Mustang. My understanding is I have to drop the oil pan which will entail jacking the engine up about an 1 1/4" and crankling the engine to clear the crank journal. Then I have to loosen all the crank bolts to drop the crank 1/32" to remove the upper part of the seal. Does this sound correct and do you have any other tips/sugestions? thanks

Reply to
sanpablo

The FE motor in a '67 mustang puts working space at a premium. If it was mine (and it's not) I'd pull the whole motor and do it on an engine stand.

Reply to
Kruse

It sounds about right.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

You don't have to tell me that there is very little room on a FE Mustang. I did a 4 speed to automatic swap last winter and that automatic just fits in there! It goes without saying that I'd rather do it in the car at this time.

Reply to
sanpablo