Beware of "Straight Away" car loans for used cars.

Sold my Mustang recently and the buyer was pre-approved for a loan from "Straight Away". That was near 3 weeks ago and after a blizzard of forms, waiting half a day for the appraiser to show up and numerous other glitches we should have the check, this Friday.

I should point out that we had all the paperwork necessary to sell the car in advance and the delay is entirely the fault of the loan company. I had two other buyers show up after this one and they both offered to pay cash. If I had dealt with them the car would have been sold in 15 minutes. In the future, I will put off anyone who intends to get a loan until I find out if there's someone else who will pay with cash. What a pain.

Rufus

Reply to
Rufus the Red

When I bought my Mustang last year, I was preapproved by my credit union. Went and got the Mustang the next day, the bank cut a check for the seller in 15 minutes while waiting in the bank after finishing up the paperwork on the car. The process took about an hour and 1/2 after going to the tax collectors office and bank.

Reply to
RioRedGT