Check out this "boss" on Ebay

THIS IS TRULY SAD!!!!!!

Scott W. '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

50 miles since 1982.... I can see why. Who'd want to be seen in this disco era pimp style car?

This dufus wants a starting bid of $14,000. Given what was done to it, if it is indeed a real boss 302 under there, maybe $3,000 for anyone who is going to restore it back to stock. Value of a real boss 302 - cost to set it right. (and I think I am being generous). At least most of the damage is easily reversible once one finds the correct parts. (which will be the hard part)

Reply to
Brent P

"MACK 1 SCOOP"

Funny, I don't know of any "Mack" trucks with scoops! Yeah, what a waste.

bill

64.5: 260, 3 sp, a/c, SVO cam, Performer, Holley 390, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq D's

66: '93 5.0, C4, a/c, ps, Performer RPM, Holley 600, Pertronix, bench seat

Colt SP1,Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill

For the love of god...NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
Reply to
Mike

And fuzzy!

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Assuming the VIN # is correct, who bastardizes a Boss 302? Inquiring minds want to know...

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C @

Grover C. McCoury III

You have to remember this car was only 6 years old when it was "customized", and was really nothing special to most people. A lot of true hi-po cars got butchered like this.

The only good thing about this car is that it's been garaged, and is likely very rust free. It would be fun yanking all the crap off it and jumping up and down on it (the crap, not the car). It's worth restoring, but not at that price.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

And some people got them really cheap. Where I went to college there was this guy working in the on-campus 7-11. probably in his mid-late 40s, (1990s at that time) didn't look like he had a dime to his name. His car,

1970 Boss 302. It looked real to me, but I only saw it at night and gave him a jump start. Even if it was fake, it was a decent one so it's still a nice sportsroof. Said he bought it back in the 70s and had taken it out for the first time in several months and the battery wasn't holding charge.

Give me a TARDIS and some cash... I'll go collectin' :)

It's an excellent car to restore because the work is relatively easy to do. The car doesn't look like it's been cut at all, just all that crap put on it. The *HARD* part will be locating all the parts to do it. Because there doesn't appear to be one piece of trim that survived this disco-era customization. And that's what drives the price below what they are asking.

One thing it is though, it's best preserved disco-era custom I've ever seen.

Reply to
Brent P

So, I assume you have a problem with a quilted vinyl top, fuzzy fur dash pad and red velvet seats???

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

and the etched windows. with the graveyard scene. and the fuzzy door panels.

Reply to
John Wiebalk

And in 1976-78 all that stuff, was "cool"....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:56:03 -0700, "Scott Williams" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Geez louise. A fur dash????

Reply to
ZombyWoof

...Speaking of "custom" cars done with *really* bad taste...

Anyone else seen the movie Corvette Summer starring Mark Hamill? :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

OMFG, don't get me started on that one. I've never seen a corvette tortured so bad in my life. I couldn't watch that whole movie, it was much too depressing. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Years ago. I think it was made in late '79 or early 80, between the Star Wars movies. The Vette was nice, but the movie wasn't....

Reply to
Ralph Snart

I feel like I need a shower just from looking at it...

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy

Star Wars was released in '77 I think if not '78.

Reply to
Brent P

Kind of makes me want to get the Bell Bottom pants out of the bottom of the closet.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

Thing is, every era had its customizing nightmares. I remember as a kid in the 60's looking at older car magazines that had "cutting edge"

50's kustoms in them, and wondering what the hell those guys were thinking. This Mustang is one thing, but consider the hundreds, and in some cases, thousands of hours some of these shops spent "working" sheetmetal until the poor victim looked like something from outer space. Truly unbelievable. I'll bet there are some of those pics floating around on the Web. Today, just look at the paint jobs in the import mags and those 24-inch wheels with runner band tires. You don't think present youngsters will be saying the same shit in 20 years?

At least this fur-bound Boss is in decent shape. Hell, I could probably drive it to a show and pass it off as a tragically hip period retromod. All I'd need is to show up in platform shoes, polyester long sleeve shirt, and ball-hugger bell bottoms. Hmm, maybe I better check the back of my closet...

DiscoJet

Reply to
CobraJet

What..Thats definetly 70's there.