Bluestang98

i'm lookin for some help

Reply to
Joey Pankiw

I have a screwdriver you can borrow.

Reply to
.boB

That was classic!

I wish I could say that though. It seems like every year I buy the big box of Craftsman screwdrivers, and by the end of the year I can't find a #2 Phillips and the equivalent straight-blade, plus all the tiny ones. I have a large collection of huge screwdrivers that are too big to use and too useless for others to steal though.

JS

Reply to
JS

Do you have a wife and kids? That's prolly where they go.

Look in the junk drawer in the kitchen and in the garage under the work spaces. Even in the toy boxes and out in the yard where the bikes are. Oh, and if there is a sewing basket in the house... But the junk drawer is my best bet.

I have my own set of tool boxes. I tend to be pretty meticulous about how they are kept since I never really do anything by way or real mechanicing. Mostly house fixing upping stuff.

My husband has three tool boxes, all the Snap On tools you could imagine from a 4 foot long million pound torque wrench to a few little teensy things and you know which box he goes to?

Yup.. mine.

Cause he can find things in it. Of course, I can't find them after he uses them, but that's another story.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

SVTKate opined in news:GkMJd.7396$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

ummmmmm... you could write a book.. or a sitcom.

Check out an Erma Bombeck book from the lib, see how it's done and have at it!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Oh, oh, oh, oh....don't even get me started on the tools issue. I have received new items each Christmas to get my setup complete. Not all that long ago I completely went through everything and found every tool I had. I gave my wife a pair of pliers and two screwdrivers.

I have a pair of pliers and two screwdrivers now.

Everything is gone again.

4 boys, 1 wife.

I have been accumulating my tools again. Slowly but surely they are piling up on my bench in the garage. I think I can manage a complete set of standard sockets. As long as I have my channel locks, pliers, vice grips, cordless drill, carpet knife and spare blades, two screwdrivers, wire cutters, one pair of Kline's and my wiring stuff I am good to go. I do more wiring and lighting install on vehicles then I do anything else.

One day...St. Toolio, patron saint of tools and garages will bless me with the ability to completely secure my items without fear of the children getting into them. The wife finally got her own tool-kit, a pink one. She likes it, and the kids seem to think hers are play-toy items because they would still rather have mine. I guess if it is pink, it must not be a real tool!

The boys will one day get their own toolbox and I will graciously stock them will all of the standard tools so that they have their own stuff. This will allow me to taze anyone using my equipment without express written consent and an armed guard present.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

| > Look in the junk drawer in the kitchen and in the garage under the work | > spaces. Even in the toy boxes and out in the yard where the bikes are. | > Oh, and if there is a sewing basket in the house... But the junk drawer | > is my best bet. | >

| > I have my own set of tool boxes. I tend to be pretty meticulous about | > how they are kept since I never really do anything by way or real | > mechanicing. Mostly house fixing upping stuff. | >

| > My husband has three tool boxes, all the Snap On tools you could imagine | > from a 4 foot long million pound torque wrench to a few little teensy | > things and you know which box he goes to? | >

| > Yup.. mine. | >

| > Cause he can find things in it. Of course, I can't find them after he | > uses them, but that's another story. | >

| | ummmmmm... you could write a book.. or a sitcom. | | Check out an Erma Bombeck book from the lib, see how it's done and have at | it! |

I used to love Erma... that was 20 something years ago but then... she is one funny lady!

Reply to
SVTKate

SVTKate opined

She died in 96...

The reason i know her is she started in my hometown paper, and it was the best thing in it

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Start with these two first, since the head bolts are different sizes which do i use to bolt the 2000 heads on my 97? are the upper intake on my 97 and the 2000 the same, or is the one off the 2000 better to use it?

Joey

Reply to
Joey Pankiw

I'm here, I'm here! Things have been a little busy lately.

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe, Bassani Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, GMS MAF, Accufab Throttle Body, Eagle Alloy Wheels
NObluestang98

If you're going to use the OEM TTY (torque-to yield) head bolts, they should be the same and they're only good for one use, they cannot be re-used. There's a head changing kit available from Ford that includes all the bolts and gaskets. You can also install ARP studs which are definitely better but probably not worth the $$$ and hassle unless you're going to strip the car down to a racer where you need to remove the heads on a regular basis. Joe Charles at Parkway Ford in Georgia is an excellent source as is Randy Stinchcomb at Liberty Ford in Maryland.

If by upper intake you mean the aluminum piece with the pony on top then no, they're not but the differences are negligible, at least according to the folks I consulted with the same question. They can, however, be ported and re-contoured for better flow.

I'll see if I can get Keith to drop in here as well. He's had a lot more hands-on time with these setups than me.

Here are the links for the guys I referred to earlier: Joe:

Randy:
Hope this helps!

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe, Bassani Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, GMS MAF, Accufab Throttle Body, Eagle Alloy Wheels
NObluestang98

WHen I lived in Alaska her column was carried by the Anchorage Times. That's where I was first introduced to her. Then I bought a couple of her books.

Your hometown paper aye? That's pretty cool!

| > I used to love Erma... that was 20 something years ago but then... | > she is one funny lady! | | She died in 96... | | The reason i know her is she started in my hometown paper, and it was the | best thing in it | | | -- | - Yes, I'm a crusty old geezer curmudgeon.. deal with it! -

Reply to
SVTKate