Brake caliper rebuild question.

I'm rebuilding the stock ft calipers in my '69. What's a good lubricant to use on the seals that's compatible with brake fluid or should I just use brake fluid itself? It's not a good lubricant.

Reply to
Mark C.

A thought just popped into my head. How's about a little silicone grease or gel?

Reply to
Mark C.

Use brake fluid. No oil, no grease, just brake fluid.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:25:05 -0700, Mark C. rearranged some electrons to form:

No, don't mix anything with brake fluid. Use the brake fluid by itself.

Reply to
David M