Building up a C6????

Ok, I wasn't sure where the heck to post this, but I figured someone in here might have some good pointers. So, I'm sorry if this is way OT or such...

Basically, my friend and I are building up his '76 full size Ford wagon, which actually came from the factory with the requisite 460 and C6 (not to mention a 9" rear, and disc brakes all around - creepy), and we're curious as to what we can do to make the tranny take a good 450 or so HP, and maybe in the future a 350HP N2O shot on top of that (don't ask!

:)

So far, we've settled on:

  • Wider, kevlar or Red Eagle band
  • Kevlar or RE clutches, full count
  • Stronger input shaft.
  • Stronger gearset
  • R code servo
  • E code band apply lever
  • One heck of a cooler
  • Shift kit

Anything we're missing here besides a visit to the loony bin? :)

Thanks! :)

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski

No, the loony bin should be your first stop. The diff between building the entire car for 450 *or* 800 hp is formidable. Sounds like you need to focus on goals and budget.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet