Can a intake that has emissions be pulled off with a better one?

I have a 302 that has been bored .30 over. (this is the same motor that I have listed before but it seemed like a different thread question.) And if I take all the emissions stuff like intake and smug pump and leave it off but I replace it will headers edelbrock intake and 4 barrel carb will there be anything in the engine that won't work right after that? This is going into a '66 stang that currently has a straight 6. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
D.L. Man

"Smug pump." I like it.

Answer to question: generally no.