Change Your Powering Steering Fluid

I change mine about every 50K. Just wondered how often others change their's out.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1191893196.497262.75360@

22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

Patrick, just curious - how do you drain it? Disconnect bottom line?

Reply to
Joe

I have changed the power steering fluid in the Explorer once in a little less than 200k miles. I did do the BG flush treatment when it happened. It is probably the one fluid I neglect.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

That's one way. The quick way. Another is to siphon/suck all the fluid out of the reservoir, add new fluid, drive the car, or at least start it and crank the wheels back and forth a few times, and then suck out more fluid, keep repeating until you go through about two bottles of fluid.

I've done it both ways.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Yeah that sounds about right. I've never changed any LOL

Reply to
WindsorFox

Oh you said suck. I was watching the National Hardware show on HGTV a week or so ago and one "new" invention made me realize I one stupid plastic jug away from being a millionaire. It's a smallish garden sprayer in reverse. Pump a suction on the jug, put the hose into the filler on you lawnmower etc., pop the douche bag clip and PHFFFFLUUUFFTHHH!!! it sucks the oil out into the jug.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Unless it's pooling underneath the car, I never give it a thought.

dwight

dwight

You'd be surprised at how ugly the fluid gets after some mileage -- dirt,& condensation work their way in.

Didn't you have to change out a rack on one of your cars?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Hah! That would have been the Princessmobile, and it was sold off before that became a must-do.

God, I don't miss that car...

dwight

Reply to
dwight

You changed a steering rack, but you can't loosen the solenoid nut without an incident?? Must be a bad wrench....

Reply to
WindsorFox

Boy, did YOU read something wrong...

Ain't no stinkin' way in this world that I would even THINK about replacing a steering rack singlehandedly. No, the Princessmobile was a squirrelly ride, and I "thought" about having the rack replaced, but we ended up selling it off to the first $1,000 that was offered.

And Princessmobile gave rise to CFrog, so it served at least one purpose.

dwight

dwight

OOoooh.. Okay, yeah I missed something there. :P

Reply to
WindsorFox

WindsorFox wrote in news:KkCPi.19036$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe22.lga:

Not too surprising...

Reply to
Joe

A lot of mouth for a no ass mamma's boy....

Reply to
WindsorFox

WindsorFox wrote in news:jDVPi.3720$5b2.3176 @newsfe19.lga:

offered.

Dude, _you're_ the moron by your own admission. 'Nuff said.

Reply to
Joe

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1191893196.497262.75360@

22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

Mine gets changed ongoingly due to the leakage. LOL.

Reply to
elaich

i change it when it gets nasty looking .

ds549

You know that *can* be a fire hazard. I Had a leak in my 1965 Thunderbird at one time and absolutely had to repair it because the windshield wipers run off the PS pump.

Reply to
WindsorFox