Intake Manifold for 1985 GT......EGR or Non-EGR

Hi Guys,

Well if you saw earlier in my posts, my intake gasket went. I will be replacing my intake with an Edelbrock Performer. They have with EGR or without EGR. I put a new EGR last year for emission testing but now the car will never have to go through emissions testing for the rest of its life. So the question is, can I get a non-egr intake? Should I? The non-egr model is cheaper too! Eventually I will change the carb as well.

Btw it's a stock 5spd GT no air.

thanks

Reply to
Steph

If it's never going to be tested again, I would go with Non-EGR.

OTOH, if there's a chance of testing in the future, I would install the EGR manifold, and then block it off. Makes for easy conversion for the test.

Reply to
.boB

You can actually block off the EGR portion of a manifold? Sorry but this is all new stuff to me. Then the other thing is in terms of engine speed....... idle - 5500 or

1500 - 6500 RPM

Is this complicated or am I just mak> > Hi Guys,

Reply to
Steph

I havn't purchased an EGR manifold in a few years. But the last time I did it came with a block off plate. Check with the Edelbrock tech line before purchasing. If it doesn't come with one, use the gasket as apattern and make one. For a stock engine, figure idle-5500 as your power band. With a better cam/heads, go with 1500-6500.

Reply to
.boB