Changing the timing belt on my car. Need advice.

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (leviathan) wrote:

You're right. The only tip is that if you goofed up and installed the belt backward (most American cars have the logo facing forward, but Japanese and European cars might not), you'll have to reverse the spark plug wires, too: 1-2-3-4 wires go on 4-3-2-1 plugs. Strange that it wasn't mentioned in the manual.
HEY! You little piss ant! You post a NON Mustang related question in a Mustang newsgroup, then when someone advises you to read the instructions you go off on him? How about you take your attitude, ignorance and your broken down bit of RICE and go bother a group that cares about you and your piece of shit.
Kate
(Jim Warman)

>read the applicable section THREE times (no >'speed reading' allowed). Second, find a >forum or NG that is familiar with your car.
I noticed you e-mail addy starts with "mechanic". If you are a mechanic, then I sincerely pity whoever has the misfortune of landing in your shop.
Any a mechanic would've immediately known that it doesn't matter what make and model the car is for the question I asked. I have the factory service manual for my specific car, and the Haynes service manual for this car which covers several different models. Neither manual mentions anything after the installation procedure of the timing belts. It explains how to align the marks on the sprockets with the corresponding marks on the cylinder head or engine block. I asked if after aligning whatever it is that needs alignment, do the spark plug cables go exactly the way the were when I disconnected the distributor cap? Or do the cables need to be readjusted and positioned differently? I also asked for tips (such as things that people may commonly overlook when performing this type of procedure). If you think that installing a timing belt is a extremely different task for different makes and models then you are wrong.
SVTKate wrote:

Ouch! :oP

RICE
Uh o, get out the way! She's out of estrogen and I'll bet she carries a gun :-P
Dave
Several... pick a caliber.. any caliber.
Kate
| > HEY! You little piss ant! | > You post a NON Mustang related question in a Mustang newsgroup, then when | > someone advises you to read the instructions you go off on him? | > How about you take your attitude, ignorance and your broken down bit of | RICE | > and go bother a group that cares about you and your piece of shit. | > | > Kate | > | | | Uh o, get out the way! She's out of estrogen and I'll bet she carries a gun | :-P | | Dave | |

.50 BMG? There aren't that many things I miss about the Army, but Ma Deuce is one of them, usually on my morning commute. That and being able to shoot your "customers". :)
LOL.. My hubby has threatened to put a turret gun that pops up out the top of my snake
Kate
| > Several... pick a caliber.. any caliber. | > | > Kate | | .50 BMG? There aren't that many things I miss about the Army, but Ma Deuce is | one of them, usually on my morning commute. That and being able to shoot your | "customers". :) | | |
leviathan wrote:

Yeah, you should have plenty of people stepping up to offer info with that attitude. Asshole.
If you know so much, why the hell are you even asking anyone in this group?
Will the spark pug wires need to be moved?
Give us a break TROLL!!!! Or dumbass, whichever fits best!
(Jim Warman)

>read the applicable section THREE times (no >'speed reading' allowed). Second, find a >forum or NG that is familiar with your car.
I noticed you e-mail addy starts with "mechanic". If you are a mechanic, then I sincerely pity whoever has the misfortune of landing in your shop.
Any a mechanic would've immediately known that it doesn't matter what make and model the car is for the question I asked. I have the factory service manual for my specific car, and the Haynes service manual for this car which covers several different models. Neither manual mentions anything after the installation procedure of the timing belts. It explains how to align the marks on the sprockets with the corresponding marks on the cylinder head or engine block. I asked if after aligning whatever it is that needs alignment, do the spark plug cables go exactly the way the were when I disconnected the distributor cap? Or do the cables need to be readjusted and positioned differently? I also asked for tips (such as things that people may commonly overlook when performing this type of procedure). If you think that installing a timing belt is a extremely different task for different makes and models then you are wrong.

If you don't know the answer to the most basic of questions, what business do you have changing a timing belt? I believe that what we have here is a troll. HA! Troll on...
--
-Keith
'96 GT 5spd ... with an '02 engine

ya cranky ol coot
get 'em Jim
Kate
| > Hi. I have an '86 Mitsubishi Cordia and I am trying to change the timing | > belt on my car. I'm waiting to see if someone will lend me a chain | > wrench in order to remove the pulley in the crankshaft spot. In the | > meantime, I thought i'd ask a few questions. | > | > After I put both the car's timing belts properly aligned, will the car | > be good to go after everything else is put back exactly the way it was? | > For example, will the spark plug cables work in the same position as | > they were before the belts broke or will the cables need to be | > readjusted somehow? What i'm trying to ask is: is the're another step | > after you install the timing belt? For some reason, I think that i'm | > going to install the belts and the car is not going to work properly. | > Any tips? Thanks | > | |