Chevy To Add New V8/RWD To Lineup

Let's see.... Try this hypothetical on for size:

I make over a million this year, which puts me in the top tax bracket, currently only 35%. I'm not very good at hiding my assets or using offshore tax havens, so I'm in for the whole 35% nut. I buy a Chevy Volt, and indicate that on my Form 1040. This reduces my tax burden of $350,000 by $10,000.

Where is it, again, that I'm taking money away from Mustang owners?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Again, where are you getting the information that no one wants them?

Reply to
WindsorFo

Am I supposed to be impressed by your income? I don't care. Where do you think the government gets it's money? From the tax payers. You, me, and everyone that pays taxes. Not everyone makes a million per year.

Reply to
twk

Oh, I see. You're one of those literal people. No argument? Nit pick. Very few people want one. Is that better? Did you miss the news about GM shutting down the volt plant for 5 weeks because sales sucked? Poor sales. Sales are not up to expectations. That is how I know hardly anyone wants one.

Here are a couple of links.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Despite winning a trophy case worth of awards -- including Motor Trend Car of the Year and North American Car of the Year

-- the Chevrolet Volt plug-in car has failed to meet GM's sales expectations.

GM (GM, Fortune 500) had expected to sell 10,000 Volts by the end of last year, the car's first full year on the market. Actual sales tallied up to only about 7,600. For 2012, GM had set a goal of about 45,000 Volt sales in the United States alone. That already seems out of reach. GM sold about 600 Volts in January and just over 1,000 in February.

At least they won Euro Car of the Year. Maybe the award will help boost sales.

And just recently, General Motors decided to pull the plug on the Volt ­ albeit temporarily ­ due to poor sales causing GM to lay off 1,300 workers in the process.

And despite its slow sales, GM may be able to take further solace after today¹s announcement that the Chevrolet Volt, and its European counterpart, the Opel Ampera, nabbed the 2012 European Car of the Year, which was awarded by a panel of 59 judges from 23 European nations.

Reply to
twk

I see his point zipped right through the part in your hair.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Sorry. I used a word that you may not be familiar with: "hypothetical." I WISH I made a million a year.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

I do too, you might be tempted to donate things to other ramfm members LOL! On a side note, the MKVI TDI's have launch control similar to the Laguna Seca.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Yep. I was in a hurry getting ready for work.

Reply to
twk