towing maximum for F150 lariat

I am thinking of buying a 2007 F150 Larriat, but, the current one- owner doesn't have the original brochure and doesn't know what the towing max is for that vehicle. How can I find out? This vehicle was $45,000 new, and is in very good shape with only 40k miles.

I need to know what the max tow weight is because I'll be looking for a travel trailer to pull behind it, and, I need to know my limits.

Reply to
surface9

Oops, I submitted to the wrong forum - disregard.

Reply to
surface9

As I am sort of looking for a pickup, you got my curiosity going. Towing capacity seems to be 10,500 lbs.

10,500 pounds "when properly equipped". Whatever that means. /grin
Reply to
twk

Go to Ford's website, you can download an owner's manual.

Reply to
David

Meaning depended on equipment. My Titan had a certain tow rating, more with a towing package. I miss it already...

Reply to
WindsorFo

Thus spake David :

Which is far more useful than a "man, this is THE truck for you" brochure. The brochure will give you a max towing weight, with a little * that says "depending on option and other factors"

Reply to
Dillon Pyron