Chrysler now number 4....

Toyota has taken 3rd spot.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

Yip. And soon, 2, and then 1. While I won't like watching Ford get passed, I'll party for a week when GM becomes #2 - even though I can't actually believe anyone even buys their vehicles to begin with...

Brad S

Reply to
Brad

Boy aint that the truth. Was in CA for a week and rented a GM vehicle from Alomo. I couldn't believe how bad it was. Horrible steering, floaty suspension, and bad ergonomics made it the worst driving car I can remember. And with

8,000 miles it squeaked and rattled and generally felt like it had 98,000 miles. I was shocked that ANY 2003 vehicle could be so bad.

LJH

95GT

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

at 24 Sep 2003, Larry Hepinstall [ snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net] wrote in news:cIjcb.157016$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Take into account you rented from Alamo and you rented. From experience I can tell they don't do a real good job maintaining their vehicles or even cleaning them. Cases in point, they rented me (a 4 week rental) a Buick LeSabre with a slow leak in the right front tire. It was low when I drove it out, had to take it into another Alamo place 200 miles down the road (when I figured out it was a slow leak, I'd already put air in it) to have them fix this problem. Another time I rented a car from them with a godawful smell in the trunk. (didn't find out until I got to my hotel and started loading) Turns out they didn't clean teh trunk properly and the provious renter had apparently dropped an egg in there which broke. Didn't feel like driving back to Alamo (30 miles) so I borrowed some spray cleaner from teh hotel maid. 5 minutes later no more smell. and I am to believe the Alamo guy who 'cleaned' this vehicel didn't smell it???

Hertz on the other hand has never given me problems. Their vehicles are clean and appear well-maintained. I guess you get what you pay for

Reply to
Paul

Sadly, that is the truth. While I'll likely never be in the market for a Toyota, it's obvious that they build a better car than the deservedly 3rd-of-three Chrysler. We have a PT Cruiser as a company vehicle. It's cool, and fun. However, this PT cruiser makes my Mustang seem like a Mercedes by comparison of build quality. Not good for a modern vehicle.

I've been happy with our Saturn L300. It seems like a car I wouldn't mind keeping. Cadillac does show a good product--we'll see what the coming years show. Every other good GM vehicle, sorry to say, are trucks.

Reply to
Victor DiMichina
8000 miles! Still new! And Alamo had nothing to do with the design of the seating position, lack of leg room, or the slow sloppy steering, or the pitifully large turning radius, or the premature rattles, squeaks and groans. All the maintenance in the world would not cure these problems.

LJH

95GT (still squeak and rattle free after 8 friking years of hard driving!)

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

I wish GM well being a American car company, but I will never own one of thier products. I have bad luck with every one I had. Even the rental left me stuck at the hotel one cold morning. It would crank, but never start. I had to call someone at the office to pick me up.

John

Reply to
jriegle

at 24 Sep 2003, Larry Hepinstall [ snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net] wrote in news:qDpcb.157354$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

8K miles on a rental can be a lifetime depending on who rented it. :-) But yeah those things you describe cannot be blamed on Alamo.

And my 95 Couep with about 108K miles on it is still pretty rattle and squeak free. Runs pretty good as well.

Reply to
Paul

How long before the big 3 are Toyota, Honda, and Mitsubishi?

Reply to
Scott in Aztlan

A hell of a long time.

Reply to