Cold Air Induction/Intake

What exactly is cold air induction, and how does it work?? Does it really add more horsepower to you car?? And is it worth installing one?? Is it hard to install?? And what is a good one to get??

I have an 87 Mustang GT convertible that I am thinking of installing one on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

John

Reply to
John Hale

They look good... that's about it. HP gains are minimal (yes, I've installed one) if anything. I haven't put it on a dyno to prove it, but I was unable to "feel" a real big difference.

It draws air in from the fenderwell which is "cooler" than hot engine air. Some people claim it flows better... I doubt it. It's mainly for looks.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset