Coolant Change Procedure 02 GT

I have the Helm manual for my 02 GT.

The coolant drain is easy, I can do that.

The refill sounds pretty bizarre to me.

  1. Remove the thermostat

  1. Disconnect the heater core coolant supply hose from the fitting at the rear of the manifold

  2. Fill at the thermostat until coolant mixture runs out of the heater core coolant supply hose fitting and reattach the hose.

And there's more.

Is this the way you all do this? Seems complicated.

Does the heater core coolant supply hose attach to (what I know as) the heater hose that runs through the valley between the block and the intake manifold? And comes out just under the intake manifold. It seems awfully tight back there.

And the "Degas bottle"? It has a coolant fill level according to the manual. Is that the reservoir? The plastic tank about 1 gallon that sits on top of the radiator.

Thanks for any help,

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

John...I'd put a flushing tee in that heater hose at the back of the intake. The next time you do the job, you can flush clear water from a hose through the system very easily. You can use that as an air vent too. I just fill the system up through the thermostat housing. Once it's full, close it up and fill the overflow tank to the full line. Run it, and top of as necessary.

Reply to
Keith

Thanks Keith

John