Coolant leak

Ok, folks. I have yet another problem. Just as a reminder, I have a 98 Mustang GT 4.6litre V8 5-speed manual. I was flushing the radiator earlier today because I figured it's been a while & why the hell not. So anyway.. before this I noticed a slight coolant loss when I filled up on gas (I always check fluids). I was constantly re-filling. I noticed today though that when I started the car up after flushing it (all hoses were secure & in good condition) that it was spurting coolant out. I can't really say what from because i don't know what part it is... it's where the upper radiator hose on the driver's side goes from the coolant container (reservoir?) to . Anyone have this problem? What part is it? Anybody happent o know? it's held in place by 2 screws. I greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks folks.

-Mike

Reply to
memsetpc

um, thermostat housing, maybe?

Reply to
Christopher Shea

Exactly, and it's two bolts...not screws. Also, the upper radiator hose goes to the radiator, not the overflow tank. Get a new o-ring and thermostat (may as well since it's open) and repalce them.

Reply to
Keith

ok SCRATCH that no coolant loss whatsoever B.S. I barely made it freaking home just a sec ago. What sort of gasket/O-ring seal or whatever do I need to get again? Thanks.

-Mike

this

Reply to
memsetpc

kk, Thanks keith. I'll take YOUR word for it instead of his this time & see how it goes. Pardon the newbie-ness. This is the first car i've ever done any work to myself. I can't afford to keep paying ppl to tell me what's wrong w/ my car & fixing it.

-Mike

Reply to
memsetpc