corolla melting manifold hose

My corolla melted the original manifold? hose. Replaced it with non genuine hose and same thing occurred within 10 min. Can the air have become hotter than usual or do I just need genuine part?

Reply to
shellyroseman

wrong group

Reply to
Big Iron

Wrong fix, too.... there is a need to find out why the hose melted to begin with...

Is there a full moon???

Reply to
Jim Warman

yes!

Reply to
Big Iron

Wrong group, but...... melting a hose is pretty tough!!! There is nothing in the engine compartment other than the exhaust side of the engine that generates heat like that.

And this happened in 10 minutes?

You are either trolling or you have a hose resting on your exhaust manifold. I suspect the former.

Reply to
Tomas

As a matter of fact I just came in from making groceries and yes, there is, or at least really close.

Reply to
WindsorFox