Cross posting inside. For your techo weenies.

Warning: This is cross posted to 3 separate newsgroups. If you do not want your replies cross-posted, please edit your settings accordingly.

Here recently, more noticeably tonight, our DVD player is giving off a weird video fluctuation. It will go back and forth between bright and dark. While the video is still viewable, it is annoying as hell. Crystal clear picture for a few seconds then goes to a dark colored screen. Like the brightness is changing levels. Changing dvd's didn't help, it even does it on brand new dvd's.

I have moved cables and wires around thinking maybe I was getting some signal bleed. Nothing I have tried works.

Does it just need cleaning?

It is a Phillips DVD 724 dvd player.

Thanks,

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Sounds like Macrovision copy protection. Are you by any chance wiring your DVD player through a VCR, OR a TV/VCR combo? This will cause the exact symptoms you describe.

If you are using the VCR merely to convert the RCA signals to an RF (channel 3 or 4) signal, you might just want to get a converter at an electronics store. If you have a TV/VCR combo, you *might* be out of luck....check the TV manual if you have the combo unit.

Vic

2kGT 5m blk suspension upgrades
Victor DiMichina