Dashboard noise

Just wondered if anyone had found any information regarding this dashboard noise that is coming from so many of the 2005-2006 Mustangs. I've read alot of posts but can't seem to find any solutions yet. Thanks

Reply to
Chap

What does it sound like? When does it happen? Where does it seem like it is coming from?

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Sort of an "ahhOOOgah" sound. Like the old horns.

Shortly after I eat hummas or anything Maexican.

Do you REALLY wanna know???

Reply to
WindsorFox

EEEEEEEEEEEEEewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

I thought you said the DOG did that!

KJK

: > KJK : >

: : -- : I'm intrigued by the thought that, later on, : the poster wont be able to find his question, : let alone an answer. - Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
KJ.Kate

The sounds comes from the dashboard. According the guys at the Ford store, they say its coming from the passenger side of the dashboard. It's hard to describe the sound. Sometimes it sounds like a gurgle or like a plasticy sound. Doesn't sound metallic and I don't hear it when i'm in Park. Usually only heard during slow drives around the city. Apparently the guys at the Ford store have been getting alot of calls about this. Unfortunately i just put my car away....so..they will have to fix it...if they can..next spring.

Reply to
Chap

Do this, turn the heater/ac fan off and on. High... Listen for it.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

On my 05 stang the sound seemed like it was coming from the dash. Kind of like a crackling sound. After a close listen I found that it is actually coming from the stick shifter in 1st and 3rd gears. At this point I think that it is the leather boot because as soon as I grab the boot the sound goes away.

Reply to
Texas Ranger

My 98 Cobra had a sound that was slightly like a leaf in the heater fan that has gone down through the defroster vent. After several years of it making this sound, (when the fan was on high) it finally burped out a piece of foam rubber insulation. It spit out small chunks for quite some time. Last year, the 99 F250 did the same thing and it still spits out little crumbs of foam now and then.

It is a thin, lightweight foam rubber material that I believe is used to prevent air leaks and rattles in the system. I think it overlaps in there somewhere where it shouldn't and flaps around when the air is moving making a rattling kind of sound.

I never tore it apart to find it, too much of a nightmare.

I never got the pleasure of the one under the shift boot.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Without more information, I can't be sure if it's the same thing. However, I had a rattle going on in the right-hand side of my dashboard. Took it to the dealer - turns out that the loud rattle that I heard was masking a 2nd rattle. Loud rattle was fixed by replacing the stereo (housing problem?) - the softer rattle was fixed by putting more insulation in one of the joints.

Hope this helps!

Reply to
Ken Zwyers