Deals on leftover 2003 SVT Cobras?

Saw a dealer on Ebay listing a new (40 mile odo) SVT Coupe 2003, with NO reserve and priced around low $29K. I note there appears to be quite a number of 2003 inventories on various dealer web pages. When I call my local ones they say they have them but they are not moving off MSRP -- which I think is nuts due to the fact that the car is a year old model wise. What's the deal? Why is there a $6K swing from the call and what Ebay is offering?

Reply to
Anthony or Carla DiOrio

There are a LOT of leftover '03 Cobras sitting around.

The dealers in New England get anxious this time of year and drop the prices quite a bit. Saw one go for $30k a while ago, brand new Anniv. convertible. The sticker was just over $42k.

If you're anywhere nearby, a cruise up MA-NH-ME Route 1/ Route 128 will turn up several Cobras, awaiting adoption. (and hungry salesmen) __ John C. (likes to toy with the salesmonkeys) '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

Yes, I keep finding them all over the metro NYC area. I don't know if they're just going to wait and wait or what. There is a yellow NEW 03 on Ebay with No reserve for $29, and it's the SECOND time its been listed -- no bidders on first swing on the same terms.

I'm figuring I should be able to grab a 10th Anniv. Coupe, black (seems to be lots of black 10th Anniv. Coupes, and I happen to think they look real sharp being all black w/ the red insert seats) for around $31-32K (I understand that Ford is giving out $1500 rebates on coupes and $3000 on droptops till January on leftover 03s.

prices quite a bit. Saw one

turn up several Cobras,

Reply to
Anthony or Carla DiOrio