opinion. Mach1, 2003 Cobra or 2001 vert cobra ?? which one should I buy and why...

well, I have been approved for a loan on the Mach1 or 2001 vert Cobra.

Not quite sure what to do. The mach is awesome.. It will end up about

27,800 all wrapped up. that includes the 2500 rebate. 300hp.. aluminum interior trim, full mach stereo..grey metallic finish with charcoal interior. I wanted a blue but this is the only mach in town. They are holding the rebate open since I did check the car out last friday. $450mth/pymt.. nothing down.

there is also a 2001 cobra vert.. zinc yellow.. 25k miles very mint.. same stereo, leather interior, chrome svt wheels, sweet car. this will end up just slightly less than the mach... 1 year left on the warranty or 11k miles. it has been driven carefully. the mach and this are the same motors, correct ? 450/month nothing down.

or.. 2003 cobra... wait until either a super rebate comes down in the next few months to get a new one like 6000 grand or till next spring and buy a slightly used 2003 Cobra. There are 3 hard top on the lot.. two red with charcoal and red insert leather seats $36k each.. one is black and charcoal/$33k that is going to be another 7 grand financed now. I can probably swing it but it would be tight.. or like I said wait until next spring and see the huge discount on a slightly used one..

dilemma.. I have until 9am tomorrow(thurs) to decide on the mach. I will then either have to come in to the mach dealer and sign or call and tell him to forget it. other than the rebate I am not getting a real super deal. they are knocking 600 off the list price of 29k off the top.

what do I do ? I like the two I could afford now.. how is the collectibilty of the mach going to be ? what would you do ? I love the color of the 2001..and the vert is cool.

I may just be mambling and babbling as usual. My brain has been fried at trying to find a blue mach 1. aghh..

dave

Reply to
DaveZ

I know what I would do. I'd be going for the MACh1. It all really comes down to what you really want. Me personally I hate convertibles so that's an easy cross off. While the 03 Cobra has the power for sure it just doesn't have the cool factor that a MACh1 has.

As for the price that is a call you have to make. Personally I don't care who is eating the difference deal or car company. Between the rebate and the mark down you are getting about three grand off the sticker price. Would you be able to get that any other time on a special edition Mustang? If so then you can wait if not go for it. Just remember you only live once so you might as well enjoy it while your here.

MadDAWG

Oh yeah what color is the MACh1?

Reply to
MadDAWG

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Definately the Mach 1

Kate

98 Cobra
Reply to
SVTKate

"Michael Johnson, PE" said If you can | wait a used '03 Cobra vert would be the ultimate IMO. |

I am in complete agreement!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Personally, I'd go for the New Mach. I kinda regret not going for it myself when I bought my GT a few months back. What swung me was the Mach did not come in a rag top.

The Mach does have the same engine as the 01 Cobra. The basic difference between the 2 is that for the 01 cobra the engine was hand built. The Mach engine is mass produced.

As for the 03 Cobra, You are taking a gamble waiting for the rebates they may not happen.

With the 01 Cobra as with any used car you run the risk of paying for someone elses bad driving habits. You gotta be careful with these type of cars. Depending on who owned it previously, they could be abused.

Joe '03 GT 'Vert 5spd

Reply to
joe

So what did you do?

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

i drove an '03 cobra again yesterday but felt that it was almost intended (or felt like) to be a refined "super car". The seats are designed to hug you, dashes very super car like. I went back to drive the Mach1 and liked its muscle car feel. It just seemed so raw. It was great. I signed up for the Mach1 but I almost choking now , the morning after, with a buyer's remorse thing. Not sure if I want to add $430/month payments to my already $300/month Durango payments. I will call the credit union and tell them to not process the loan. my monthyl expenses would be too tight : \

dave

Reply to
davez

Smart move...$730 a month for 4 or 5 years on a depreciating asset is a killer. Buy a house...

Reply to
JimC

And when you're dead it doesn't matter anyway. Enjoy life. I'm sure Dave knows what he can afford.

Reply to
Jimmy

Joe,

Not trying to nitpick your comments but what do you mean by mass produced vs. hand built? They built ~6000 cobras in 01 (don't have exact # in front of me) and will build ~ 6000 03 Machs. Both engines are built in Romeo plant. Do you mean the Mach motors were not built on the "niche" line at the plant. I'm not sure about that comment and will check. The shortblock on the Mach 1 is basically the same as the 01 Cobra but thats where is pretty much ends. Heads are the 03 Cobra heads with tweaked cams out of the Navigator. Intake is different on the Mach 1. Thats one reason for all the torque in the Mach.

John

Reply to
John Palmer

Awwh!! GO FOR IT!