Determination

ok, you may call me crazy, but I call it determination.

Here's the story... I have a 2.3L in my mustang II and we are planning on replacing it with a 351 winsor. The 2.3 don't have enough power for me. We are hauling it out of another car and have all the parts from that car to put it in ours. The questions are....did anyone ever try this before? Tried and succeeded and/or failed? Anything that I should know before I start? Anything that i need to change/support due to the power? We wont be starting this project for another little while but I just want to know what I am in for and some mods that i may have to do and don't want to overlook anything.

Yeah i know it may sound a little crazy but just think of the power that it will have! I won't be driving between lights, i will be hopping from one light to another! ;0)

Oh, if anyone says it can't be done it only gives me more determination to get it to work. ;0)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions that you may have and i will keep you updated with possible pictures or updates when we start.

Reply to
emtecca

It CAN'T be done...

Okay, I'm lying, but just trying to provide a little inspiration! ;-)

- Nick

Reply to
Nick D.

IT CAN'T BE DONE!! IT CAN'T BE DONE!! IT CAN'T BE DONE!!

Reply to
Greg B.

Dang, you beat me to it!

Reply to
Greg B.

It will be Done and I will take pictures to prove it! ;0)

Anyway, thanks for all the encouragement...but does anyone have any pointers?

Reply to
emtecca

Work slowly and carefully and when you are all done, take the pieces you have left over and put them in a box ( doesnt everybody else have pieces left over when they work on ther car?)

Matt

89 5.0 GT Vert

Reply to
Matt

determination

Reply to
Michael Seeley

Yep...got so many leftovers don't even know where they came from. :)

Some of the stuff don't even know what it is :)

Stpehan

Reply to
Stephan Rose

hmm, you got me thinking now... Never even thought about the front end...

Reply to
emtecca

Ok, I didn't expect my triple-all-caps-'it cant be done' wise crack to keep popping up. It was meant as a powerful motivator so we could all brag about knowing someone who did the successful swap! Let's not start bring stuff up that will start making Emtecca reconsider doing it. Try phrasing it so it sounds like we are suggesting better parts, not stuff that needs to be upgraded.

I'm still cheering for ya Em!

IT CAN'T BE DONE!! IT CAN'T BE DONE!! IT CAN'T BE DONE!!

*more motivational chanting*
Reply to
Greg B.

Greg, I will not reconsider it at all. It will be done, even if i have to change everything. Mind ya it will take longer with every thing that we find out has to be modified along the way, but IT WILL BE DONE!!!!

Like I said, I will keep everyone posted when we do start it. I will try to take a few pictures a long the way to show what we got ourselves into and how we delt with it and post them on a small website to everyones pleasure.

Reply to
emtecca