Diagnostic device

I recently bought a 40k mile 1995 v6. It has since come to my attention that I can't service my car locally (I'm in South Africa and Ford SA doesn't acknowledge the existence of Ford USA - they're part of the British Ford group). Can anyone recommend a diagnostic device that I can purchase to personally check the status of my car? I don't need anything fancy, just a basic decive that will inform me if anything has gone faulty.

Reply to
jlsnyman

My kid bought me this one for Christmas... however I havent used it, while he has. He says it works fine to read and reset. Note this guys sells a lot of different ones... and ships international, though you'd have to ask him about S.A.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

If you want more serious data logging there are also products like AutoTap (which I've used and loved). If Diablo or SCT sells a handheld for your car those work great too.

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan