Dodge Challenger Shows Up On Cruise Night

Check out this note and the pics. With Dodge playing the crowds how far off can the Challenger be from production?

Look out, Mustang!

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Wow! Awesome. Ford has got to up the ante to play this game. And you can bet they've seen this stuff already.

BTW, further down in the thread there's this site with more Challenger pix, not to mention the row of Ford GTs (all with Cali tags):

Joe

That's a beautiful thing...

I'm certainly interested, can't wait for pricing and options info.

With one of the lesser hemis under the hood, I'll bet they could really impact Mustang GT sales at the 25k pricepoint.

Reply to
John C.

Yeah... THAT car is a beut.. but note that it's because it reproduces all the good point of the original's body lines.

Will Chrysler take the hint from what we think and avoid modernizing it with a 'rib-cage beltline', like the charger and the other 'hemi's'?

It is NOT the super hemi that's gonna make the car viable. It's the looks.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

It's the only car in recent memory that looks great to me from *every* angle.

I'm hoping... The Charger concept certainly got hit with the ugly stick, in the move from turntable-to-showroom.

Indeed! Just give me _that_ body...I'll gladly handle the upgrades as needed. :)

Reply to
John C.

Independent rear suspension eh?

Reply to
HerkyJerky

Independent rear suspension eh? Of course the Mustang concept had one too I believe.

Reply to
HerkyJerky