Tire Q

Guys, I need tires for my 5.0.

I've been looking around but they're pretty pricey. I can get a good deal on some BFG G-Force KDWS but again, they're pricey.

You guys must have tons of recommendations on good tires at a good price??? (And I don't need W or Y rated tires unless I really do???)

Any advice is appreciated...

Thanks in advance. :)

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

some BFG G-Force KDWS but again, they're pricey.

(And I don't need W or Y rated tires unless I really do???)

What do you consider pricey? With/without shipping? Mounted, etc? BFG gForce 225/50Z16s ran me $115 each, plus mounting costs etc, via Summit Racing. Lots of discount tire places on line.

Reply to
Spike

Look at the Dayton Daytona SR radials. They're about $72 - $74 around here for the 225/60/15, I think they are a 60K or 70K miles tire.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

I work in a tyre shop in England, Currenty the best wearing tyre on the market in Europe is the Michelin Primacy HP. You get what you pay for as with a lot of things, personally I would go with the BFG profiller. It has Michelin technology, good handling and reasonable cost.

Hope this help.

JohnP.

Reply to
JohnP

Thanks John.

But, price is a serious consideration for me right now. So... I'd like to ask you all, which way to go here... this is what I've got it boiled down to:

Total price, in CDN dollars:

Dayton Daytona HR: $682 BF Goodrich Traction HR: $700 GT Radial HPZ: $725

I am really tempted to try the GT Radial. My local speed shop sells them and says they're not bad, and W-rated for the price of an H. Wadda ya guys think?

Brad

Hope this help.

JohnP.

Reply to
BradandBrooks

Greetings,

The tyres on the car MUST be V rated or higher. Cost dosen't come in to it I'm afraid. H rated tyres are not built to cope with the kind of speed the car is capable of. Don't know about the laws in Canada, but in England, incorrect tyre fittment can invalidate your insurance, MOT and create no end of legal shit. Add to that, the last thing you want is for a tyre to let go on the freeway at 100mph +.

Be careful.

But, price is a serious consideration for me right now. So... I'd like to ask you all, which way to go here... this is what I've got it boiled down to:

Total price, in CDN dollars:

Dayton Daytona HR: $682 BF Goodrich Traction HR: $700 GT Radial HPZ: $725

I am really tempted to try the GT Radial. My local speed shop sells them and says they're not bad, and W-rated for the price of an H. Wadda ya guys think?

Brad

Hope this help.

JohnP.

Reply to
JohnP

I switched over to the KDWS from the old Comp T/As. Wonderful tire. Tirerack.com currently has them at US$98 each.

I know that you want to save every penny you can, but don't save them here.

dwight

I've been looking around but they're pretty pricey. I can get a good deal on some BFG G-Force KDWS but again, they're pricey.

You guys must have tons of recommendations on good tires at a good price??? (And I don't need W or Y rated tires unless I really do???)

Any advice is appreciated...

Thanks in advance. :)

Brad

Reply to
dwight

Thanks guys. Up here in Canada, you can put whatever tires you like on your car. Well, you can in Alberta anyway.

Those G-Forces up here are $200 a tire at Costco (and to think, our dollars are almost on par - what a rip!)

Okay then, I'm going to go with the W-rated GT Radial. The price seems right and I'll save $200 over the G-Force. I hope they work. lol!

Thx guys.

Brad