Don't expect the 2011 V6 to last very long

Is it true you have to rev it up to 6500 to get full HP and/or torque? Isn't that people stay away from ricers? So they don't end up having to do ring jobs every 15k?

Reply to
Rich

I thought it was the cartoonish look of the cars and being FWD.

Um no. Ricers end up taking their cars apart a lot due to the damage they themselves do with their modifications. Left stock the engines last a good long time.

Reply to
Brent

How often do you actually use full horsepower and torque? The way the cars are geared, the engine aren't going to rev any more than the V8 for normal everyday driving. I suppose if you try to drive around in first and second all the time you might wear the engine out sooner, but I don't see how this will be a problem for any sane people.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I'm more of a V8 guy, but this thing is actually pretty cool looking, from what I watched on this youtube video.

GILL

The HP peak is at 6500, but the torque peaks at 4250. No surprise that the HP peak is higher than the torque peak on a modern IC engine.

Reply to
Bob Willard

Ed... you're talking to Rich.... the word "sane" doesn't compute...

Reply to
Jim Warman

"Jim Warman" wrote in news:VOG1o.9560$Z6.6188 @edtnps82:

One reviewer said this, not me. In addition, he said the suspension was mushy.

Reply to
Rich