93 convertible trouble...

how do you get the top up or down when all you get is a click from the relays?????

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ/ Mobile...

sorry 92 fox .....and I take it I need a new motor to power the pump?????...jim in scotland....

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ/ Mobile...

come on guys...I didn't let that rag head out of jail....all I want to know is it OK to push the top up and down against the hydraulics or do I need to disconnect the rams.......?

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ/ Mobile...

There aren't many people following this group on a daily basis anymore. Personally I have no experience with a convertible to know.

Reply to
Brent

I dont do convertables, they have weak chassis to handle torque.

Reply to
Bigs Hroom

thanks anyway chaps.....you would think there would be something about it in the owners manual ...but there is not .......

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ/ Mobile...

Exactly, the only vert experience I have was with a 1969 Galaxy XL and we never had to do that. I'd say try it and as long as you don't get oil squirting out where it doesn't belong, don't worry about it.

Reply to
WindsorFo

I'd say if it doesn't mention it, it should be ok. If such were mentioned it would likely be because it would cause a serious problem if you did do it.

Reply to
WindsorFo

I didn't read all of this and I don't have a vert., but looks to be pretty informative.

You should be checking for voltage at the motor, just because the relay clicks doesn't mean you have a completed circuit.

Reply to
GILL

looks very helpful....thanks....have a go this week and see if I can fix it ....jim

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ/ Mobile...

smoke coming from the electric motor...can't be a good sign....I have isconnected both hydraulic rams for the moment.....

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ/ Mobile...