Drag racing beginner

I have absolutely NO idea where to start. I understand the tree and the box and all that, but how do I figure out a dial in time if I've never raced before??

Reply to
Scott Williams

Usually there will be a time trial session before the actual bracket racing starts. This is when you try to get an idea of what you will run. Once you get a good consistent number, dial in what you think your best run will be. In my case, sunday, I ran several 14.91*'s and a few

14.92-14.94. I figured since my best was a 14.911 I would dial in a 14.91. Well, I ended up winning my class on a 14.910 run. I ended the day breaking out though with a 14.85, when you go faster than your dial in, you lose. Erik D. '94 white lightning
Reply to
Erik D.

Get down to your local track (if you have one) and find out about days you can run your car. Walk around and check out the other cars, and don't be affraid to ask questions. Racers are a friendly lot.

Reply to
Ray Reynolds

... unless the other car breaks out, too, in which case it's a straight drag race. This may differ from one event to another.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

typicaly who ever breaks out by less wins, at least around here.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Thats the way it is here too. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Our track has "Test and Tune" on Friday nights. It's more fun than the real races. I go just to pester the import guys. Anyway, it's a very good night to get started.

Al

Reply to
Big Al