engine swap

is it possible to drop in a 3.8 v/6 in a 91 mustang and keep it rear wheel drive

Reply to
Gerard Menard

*Sarcasm on* Is there a kit for that?? Go ask them here...
how they converted their FWD Mustangs to RWD 3.8 V6's.*Sarcasm off*
Reply to
66 6F HCS

I don't understand what rear wheel drive has to do with anything, but technically yes a 3.8 will fit

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

webtv...... StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

I see no reason why a V6 from a '94 up Mustang can't be installed into a '91.

4.0s have also replaced 3.8 V6s. It'll likely take a complete donor car for wiring, ECM and etc.

Sounds like a nice project for a tired LX 4 cylinder...as would Turbo Coupe or Supercharged T-Bird transplants!

bradtx

Reply to
B2723m

Ahh, well let's be glad he's interested in putting a V6 into a IL4 Mustang rater than a BBO3de into a Civic. :D

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Gerard Menard opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3236.bay.webtv.net:

No,, the only one that fits is the SHO yamaha 3.0 and you have to use the Cummins engine muffler bearings from a Dodge Ram.

Because of the way you asked, it's obvious you cant do it.

No offense, just the truth

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic