Enviornmetal controls

I let the Mustang sit for 3 weeks while recovering from surgery(Docs orders).I took it out for a run today and damn it flt good. The problem is that the heat/AC/vent knob does'nt do shit anymore, no matter what it is set on the air still comes otu of the defrost vents. At first (after the 3wks) it would work after the car ran for a while. but now its stuck on defrost. Fan works but the controls don't. Any ideas?

Reply to
Dave Sibbett

Almost definately a vacuum problem. Either the line running through the firewall is broken/disconnected or the switch is leaking. With no vacuum on the motors, the defrost is the only one that defaults to open... the rest need vacuum to open and the defrost needs vacuum to close.

Hope you recover quickly from your surgery....

JS

Reply to
JS

BINGO we have a winner! I wholeheartedly concur. I find the line along the firewall is usually broken or melted on something and or a vacuum T is busted around there too. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Vacuum line is off somewhere.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

at 21 Nov 2003, 2.3Sleeper [ snipped-for-privacy@mwcmustangs.com] wrote in news:bpkono$1pbf5f$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-165082.news.uni-berlin.de:

I had the same problem not a month ago. Tim suggested to check near the brake booster and sure enough, the line had broken at the rubber connector there. Had a helluva time getting a replacement locally but Tim saved the day again. :-)

Reply to
Paul