F*cking A-hole ........

Some asshole pulled out and totally destroyed my passenger side. Now I know that this is doomed to be my monster project car. I need to buy another one but can't decide on what kind. In the trader most are dirt cheap and the funds can be acquired. I want a fox body 89-93 but I can't decide coupe. vert, or stay with a hatch. Until now all I've own are 4 stangs all Hatch. I like the room but I want some sun. Do the verts have excessive road noise ? Structure wise are they worth it ? If all else fails I see myself getting a 91 white GT Hatch. Pardon me for the rambling but the only good thing is that she's still drivable. I had to blow off some steam.

-- Luna

Luna

I'm really sorry to hear about your car. My passenger door was hit by some no-class butthole several months ago, and while it was parked at my home. The prick didn't bother leaving any info either..... Sorry my input isn't very technical, but from what I've learned over the years a convertible is fun for very precise conditions. Only you can determine if the liabilities outweigh the assets. A vert weighs more, so if you have plans to soup it up you'll need more or bigger things to overcome the weight difference. Also, structural integrity is even more important on a vert. Last, based on a close friend who had a convertible, and did a darned good job trying to pamper it, the roof would need special care so as not to discolor or rot. Add other circumstances such as the additional cost for insuring a vert, and sticking with a hatch might be your best bet.

I'm sure others with more experience will chime in, but this is my two cents. Best wishes.

Randy

90 GT

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

randy pavatte

get a vert - real sunny, and put subframe connectors in it (~250 bucks installed), good luck, we like people with Mustangs.

Andew

Luna wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Paule

Sorry to hear about your car. I went through that before and ended up getting another hatch. I looked at a few cars(coupes, verts, hatches, gt's) and when I found one I liked it happened to be a hatch. I have also been through fixing a car I should have just totaled. It never drove the same after I wrecked it. Another suggestion I will make is a lightning, the first gen lightnings are going for pretty cheap right now and they are awesome. The only bad thing about them is the gas mileage. Alot of people say its basically a mustang with a bed, but I like it much better than any mustang I have owned. Not sure if you want a truck though. Anyway, good luck with everything I hope it all works out for you! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Vert's are noisy, they leak, body structure is pretty flimsy and don't handle very well because of it. I've had my 88 GT vert since new and have absolutely NO intention of selling it. Car is just too much fun!

If you decide to buy one, and don't mind sinking some money into it from the get go, I'll tell you what you need to do to maximize the fun and minimize the pain.

Reply to
Ironrod