F--- Hollywood

Another Mopar gets trashed.

Richard

Looks like a good movie though...

<memset

Not to menton the pre 1973 caddy.

I don't understand why they couldn't visit some used car lots and pick up some well beaten cars from the mid 80s. Even if those are gussied up 'junkers' that's probably rust free CA sheetmetal and countless other usuable parts going to waste.

Reply to
Brent P

I think I know why.

I'm not interested in a car chase with a Citation and a K-car. I don't think that they could put that in anything that doesn't have Adam Sandler as the prime character.

Steve BBB on a stand.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

There are lots 80s f bodies, mustangs, lincoln town cars, etc that aren't going to be anything more than crusher food anyway right now.

Reply to
Brent P

Sing it with me: "I've got a piece of shit car" - Adam Sandler

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
Reply to
Mike

Oh calm down. Check the trailer on the movie's web site. This could be a really cool flick. Anything with constantly revving V8 sounds can't be all bad. I'm always wondering, why aren't there more car movies? So I'll be there for this one, if it's any good at all.

Of course some sheetmetal has to bite the dust. I mean, if this movie production company had bought one of the '68 Sox & Martin hemi pro stockers, or even a low mileage all original Barracuda S and destroyed it, that would be one thing. But like with Gone in Sixty Seconds, where they bought I believe 7 plain vanilla '67 and '68 Mustangs out of the SoCal Auto Traders and used them up. So what? Some of those Stangs would have sat in someone's back yard and rusted to oblivion, and some would have been destroyed in a collision anyway.

If it's always wrong to sacrifice an old car, there could be no such thing as a parts car. Anytime you drove your gennie, you'd be committing an irresponsible act by exposing it to possible catastrophic loss in a traffic accident. Anytime you revved your numbers matching 427SC to 6000, same deal, you're risking the creation of a window block. If the sacrifice of a few '67 - '69 Barracudas to make a cool movie leads to a renewed interest in the model, then many more than a few will be hauled out of the back yards and restored and actually saved from the crusher than if this movie had not been made.

180 out TS 28
Reply to
Philly_Essnillius

Only 6 grand? Let's see now, I'm in RAMFM, so the proper comment is...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

No, I think you're missing at least another dozen "ha's" to come up to ramfam standards.

So make it 7000 rpm. (Actually, I'd like to see any numbers matching 427SC that's seen the far side of 4000 rpm within the last decade.)

But I'm really more worried about my encouraging words for this movie "The Highwaymen." AFTER I posted my kind thoughts I checked Google for some movie reviews and got ZERO hits. A movie that's just dumped into release with no advance screenings, and therefore it has no reviews out on the day of release (for this one that would be yesterday, December 5), that's usually the sign of a real turkey.

Maybe the lack of Google hits is due to something else, or maybe this movie's a gobbler. I've got to say I don't know how you could go wrong with two of my favorite old heaps, a 2nd gen Barracuda with a big ol' Sox & Martin hoodscoop and a '73 Eldo. But then I didn't know how you could go wrong with Nick Cage, Angelina Jolie, and a GT500, but Hollywood found a way now didn't it?

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
Philly_Essnillius

Dammitol.

7 grand is still light for a 427, but of course I see your point.

So you were here?

I like movies like that, anyway, so I'll probably go see it. Here's from Movies Studio:

Since the hit-and-run murder of his wife five years ago, Rennie Cray (Jim Caveziel) has crisscrossed America in his souped-up, stripped-down ¹68 Plymouth Barracuda, pursuing her killer.

The man he seeks in a high-speed, high-stakes game of cat-and-mouse is James Fargo (Colm Feore), a merciless, wheelchair-bound pyschopath. Through a series of mechanical innovations, Fargo has turned his rampaging ¹72 Cadillac Eldorado into a monstrous extension of his own twisted body and mind.

Now, their deadly battle of wits and wills is about to move into overdrive. And caught in their headlights is a tormented beauty (Rhona Mitra) who unwittingly holds the key to their ultimate showdown.

In that case, they fell short of surpassing the original that was jam-packed full of *real* stunt driving. They switched the focus to the characters in a car movie. Oops.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet