Wheel cleaning Products??

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend any wheel cleaning products for the mustang v6 pony package 17-inch painted aluminum wheels? Something thats not harmful to the wheel, brake rotor and calipers.

Reply to
yp

I forgot to say, but I am talking about cleaning the brake pad dust/residue that accumulates on the wheels.

Reply to
 Bluto

Dawn, water and a towel or fluffy brush.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Yeah, in that case spray it with 409 first and let it sit a bit.

Reply to
WindsorFo

I use Greased Lightning on the tires, engine etc. and it works VERY well. You can find it all Costco, Sams Club etc. Spray it on and do a light scrub with a wheel brush and immediately hose it off. It will remove all the brake dust and clean the rubber of the tire too. It can be used for many purposes like cleaning the grill, house siding etc. It is a great product.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

And once you get them clean wax the hell out of them with a clear wax like ICE so the dust doesn't stick as well. My polished 18'' come off the car, cleaned inside and out, waxed and go back on over it's winter sleep. ICE is a no white residue wax that works great on textured stuff like plastic and rough aluminum surfaces.

Reply to
Repairman

I bought some finned plates that install between the wheel and the hub and keeps the dust off the wheels.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Simple Green. Nontoxic, organic, gentle. I use it on my Saleen's chrome wheels, and my DD's plastic hub caps. I'ved used it on painted alloy wheels too.

Cleans engines nicely as well.

Reply to
SaleenDriver

Second that. I've been a fan for years.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Simple Green is people!!

"dwight" wrote in news:WL2dnc6vmpdkxIfVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
akheel

No, SOLYENT Green is people.

Reply to
Spike

Spike wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I know, it's called humor and a little tribute to the just passed Chuck Heston.

Reply to
akheel

Gee... I call mine a humorous retort :0) Guess we're just too funny people *

Reply to
Spike