FMX to C4 here it is

"MadDAWG" wrote in a message:

Thanks! I haven't had it on the scales yet. I emailed the track owner and asked about getting it weighed and he told me no problem, just remind him when I tech it in next time. We're guessing it weighs somewhere between 2000 & 2500 pounds though. The motor in it now is basically a stock 84 302, with a Torker II intake, with a 750 Holley double pumper carb with 4 corner adjustment. The converter is a 3000 stall, and now I wish I would have gotten at least a 4500 stall converter so I could launch it a little harder. The rear end is an 8" with 4.62's with a full spool.

Yea, with good heads and a Victor Jr. intake on that 342, along with a 750 Holley, I'd bet you could get it into the 11's, provided you can get it to hook up, and go straight. That's what I've been working on, and why I started out with the stock 302. Now that I'm satisfied that it will launch and go down the track straight, I'm about ready to build another motor for it.

Reply to
GEB

Who says drag racers don't have to drive. :)

The weight sounds great. Figuring around 1000 for a trailer I'd be under the

4000lbs.

What rpm are you running thru the traps? I didn't look like you had that much tire and with 4.62 I bet its really turning.

My drive line would be the 342 with a fla tappet mechanical Comp Cam. Its around 240@0.050 with a 106 LCA. My buddies got a 3500 converter and C4 tranny that I could get real cheap. Not to mention his small block MSD setup. I'd use a Victor jr for sure. Carb size would be based on what I could come across, but I have never had good luck with a 750 dp for some reason. I had a 700 and it ran like a rapped ape on my 302s and 351s so if I have to buy a new one I'd be temped to go that way. I'm thinking it should make some good power. There is a tubbed Chevette (yes a Chevy) with a 302 that runs high to mid 11s that I'd love to get lined up against. :)

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

"MadDAWG" wrote in a message:

Mine red lines around 6200, and that's about what it goes through the traps at. The slicks are 26 x 8.5 x 15's on 8 x 15 wheels with 4 1/4" back spacing. That's about all I could get under the car without tubbing it out, or cutting the fender wells. What is the advertised lift & duration for the comp cam? You won't be happy unless it is over .500 lift and around .290 duration. Just remember, the bigger the cam, the more carburetion your going to need. It's always better to go a little bigger than you need, cause you can always jet it back. Besides, if you ever build up the motor further in the future, you'll still have enough carb to handle it. But if you plan on building a Pinto, before you do the V8 transplant, make sure you install frame connectors first. Also, I installed a set of Traction Master bars for a Mustang. Don't let anyone tell you that they will bend the frame! I got proof that that isn't true. Plus I have a couple friends that have been running them for years, and they haven't had any problems with them. If you have any other questions, feel free to email me direct. Just remove NOSPAM from the address.

Reply to
GEB

. What is the advertised lift & duration for the

IIRC its 246@0.050 with 560 lift on a 106 lobe center. My buddy was running it in a 302 and it was a mutt out of the whole, but would MPH like a mofo. I'm thinking the extra 40 cubes would help a bunch in the bottom end with out killing to much top end. It was running to 7200 in his 302 with 2.02 Dart iron heads.

I'm hoping to sell my Stang in the spring and take the money and buy something all ready setup to drop my drive line into. I found a Mustang II trunk that is tubbed and caged. It looked pretty sharp as well which is a plus too. Good thing it was a trunk and not a hatch. I'd be trying to buy it now and the woman would have me by the short hairs. lol

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG