Fog Light Harness Location

I have a 02 mustang 3.8 and am wondering where the fog light harness is located under the hood. It is attached to the switch console inside but I have yet to find where it goes under the hood . Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!! Guy

Reply to
officer

It's been 3+ years (my memory is 10 minutes long) but when I bought the factory fog light kit for my '02 V6, the harness was tucked up under the front bumper, there was some wiring jumper that needed to be connected near the firewall on the driver's side near the fuse box under the hood. Best I can remember, under the dash, the jumper was a yellow wire ??? It was, at best, a 30 minute install, from the light brackets to wiring the switch into the console. (It all fit the factory wiring harness on the inside and under the front bumper, only that jumper needed to be "added to the factory setup"

But then, like I said, my memory....

Reply to
nobody

Hey thanks! Umm...Who were you again? LOL No seriously, Thanks I will take a six pack this weekend and look for these things! Preciate the help!

Reply to
officer

No Problem. If you have a contact at the local Ford Parts Department, They can pull up the installation instructions for the factory fog light kit. I bought one for my 98 V6 and then when I got the 2002 I asked, it was available so I ordered the kit for it. Both of those kits were SIMPLE to install, virtually any "duffer" can do it without having to get greasy hands. The installation instructions were clear and easy to understand. All told, like I said, from installing the brackets and lights to popping the dash panel to take out the plug and put in the switch total time was about 45 minutes on the 98 and about

30 minutes on the 02 (that's when I still had a memory) LOL

Anyway, good luck at the dealer. If they'll print out those instructions, you're in business for sure...

John

Reply to
nobody