Ford chief seeks help from Toyota

How can that possibly be? VINs are specific by their nature to a particular vehicle. Obviously you have not learned anything from this discussion, even from the things you yourself have posted, like the designation for individual models that are part of the individual VIN. I .E. a P71 is an Interceptor, a P74 is a CV LX, a T85 is a Mustang GT convertible and an M26 is a Zephyr, T15 is an F150, an X15 is a 4x4 F150 etc.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Thank goodness for that ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You can find what you seek if you do your homework. That is what I did, when I became curious as to why the US had three numbers and other countries had only one. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Actually it is because I know so, because I did the search to find out why. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

That is the source of your misunderstanding, you guys are equating NA parts content with US content.

The funny thing is I asked the question of one of the Ford engineers at the NYC show last year, he did not know the difference either. I had to call one of my old friends also retired, from when I worked as a design engineer at Ford, to get the correct answer as to why three are three numbers for vehicle assembled the US.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Of course people can disagree and still be a nice people, except politicians I guess. Besides all my friends and relatives love me. ;)

I have been going to the NYC International Auto Show since I was in college in the early fifties, when it was held in the NYC Convention Center at Columbus Circle. A number of friends in the business from Delaware and I would drive every year but now we go by limousine on the first day, however and that is the day before it is opens to the public.

mike

Mike Hunter

Yet you won't share it to prove your claims, and you wonder why no one believes you.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Which office did you work at? I know a number of folks who work in Dearborn, one of them lives two doors down from me. I will ask them if they remember you...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

In my final years I worked in structural destructive testing, on crumple zone design. I retired from Ford in 1986. You will not find me as Mike Hunter in any event

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Nice, so you won't confirm where you worked, under what name, you've been retired for better than two decades, and your "sources" are retired engineers as well, who I am sure are completely "in the know" for current specifications and up-to-date practical engineering guidelines.

And you wonder why no one believes you?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

The current VIN numbering system has been in effect since 1980. Some of the 'young' guys I worked with and trained are now retiring. You can be cynical and free to believe whatever you choose,. I could not care less. . ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

And you still won't post anything to validate your claims, you just say "I know it for a fact." Well I for one have never met someone who wouldn't back up their claims with evidence that wasn't considered a crackpot. How convenient it is that you can't post a simple link to any evidence to back up your claims, since after all it was a couple of guys that told you what apparently no one else knows.

In psychiatric circles, that's known as a self-reinforcing delusion.

Have a good life.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:07:46 +0000, Jeff rearranged some electrons to form:

He couldn't prove it before and he can't prove it now, despite being proven wrong many times.

All of us have posted numerous references that refute Mike's claims. Yet he continues to post his ignorant blather.

Reply to
David M

I could not care less what you think, Dr Spock. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Believe whatever you wish but actually nobody has posted anything that disputed what I have said about the REASON for the three different number assigned to vehicles made in the US. None of the sites posted pointed to any other reason or anything else, except the fact that there is three numbers and that fact has never been in dispute. Simply saying I can't find that information, does not make what I have said incorrect If you believe you can find another reason go find it, WBMA ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Mike,

Each time you insist you did the search, yet refuse to share the links to the information you found, the more feeble minded you look to EVERYONE reading you posts...

:-(

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

You did no such thing, If you did you could provide proof...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody