FS: Kenne Bell Blowziila/Flowzilla Supercharger

Well I crawled under the hood of my old '89 LX this weekend and removed the supercharger. I figure I might as well start moving toward the N/A stroker engine and the first speed part to go is the Kenne Bell twin screw supercharger. I am selling the larger version (aka the Blowzilla) which is a 2.2L size and the inlet and outlet manifolds are the higher flow variants (aka the Flowzilla) that are good for an additional 30-40 rwhp, depending on boost level, over the standard manifolds. The trade-off is it requires a Cobra or GT-40 lower intake.

This combination can make anywhere from 6 psi to 20 psi on a 302 cubic inch engine. I have run it up to 16 psi on my car but personally I feel the sweet spot is 12 psi. I have the bolts, snout bracket, etc. to install this on an '87-'93 5.0L Mustang. I'll also throw in numerous pulleys, a custom wrench to swap the pulleys and a ball head allen socket that is indispensable for making installation a snap and the installation manual. The supercharger is in excellent working condition and good cosmetic condition. It has a couple small scratches but they are on parts of the blower that can't be seen much when installed. These type of blowers are VERY dependable. It also does not require an external lubrication line to the engine like most centrifugal blowers.

Installation of this supercharger is about as simple as it can get. I have it down to the point I can install it in about one hour. I got it off the car in 30 minutes. I have set up the outlet manifold to install a water or water/alcohol injection kit if you want to get aggressive with tuning. Anyone that can remove the upper intake from the engine can install this supercharger.

The price is $2,400 plus shipping. This is sold new from Kenne Bell for $3,700 and they don't include the pulley wrench, ball head allen socket and only one pulley. The extras would cost about $200-$300 if bought new. I prefer to have it picked up to avoid the hassle of boxing it up. I would expect shipping costs to be around $100. Please note that for some reason shipping to Arizona and the surrounding areas is more expensive than shipping to Alaska so shipping may be somewhat higher if you live there.

I have made around 425 rear wheel horsepower and 460 ft-lbs of torque (at 2,500 rpm!) at the wheels. The boost delivery is silky smooth as is the power it makes. The best way to describe a car with a twin screw blower is they feel like you have a high revving, strong running big block engine under the hood. They are great superchargers for street driven cars as they make gobs of horsepower and torque at all RPM levels. It delivers boost instantly. There is ZERO boost lag but you can also modulate the boost level very easily with the throttle. The unit is also very quite. Unless you knew what to listen for you wouldn't think anything was under the hood.

Anyone with serious interest send me an email at m i k e j 9116 @ netscape dot net (remove the spaces and replace "dot" with a ".") I can answer any technical questions about it here. The following is a link to what it looked like on my car:

Here is what is for sale:

Michael Johnson

Nice, I have an older KB with stock lower manifold, wish I had that air bypass that you have on yours. I bought my early (before Blow/flowzilla) at a garage that salvaged cars from Houston racetrack, simple to put one, got some small missing parts form KB, and it has work extremely well for over 10 years now, no problem at all,

8# boost. That is a good price too.

Dudly

Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson