Kenne Bell Supercharger Install Web Site

Kenne Bell Supercharger Install Web Site

Finished it today, at least for now.

I hope some one finds it useful.

I am not a member of any discussion group, so if you would let others know, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

awsome site.

Reply to
Mstngcnv96

John Shepardson wrote in news:j.shepardson- snipped-for-privacy@netnews.attbi.com:

others

Great job, John. Now I have to get Michael Johnson to do a web site for his KB 5.0. ;)

Joe

Eggzellent!!! I especially liked the grinding tip and am considering taking a thou or two off the whole car, starting with the paint.

Reply to
Jafo

Very nice.

-- Admin

Admin

I'm not as witty as John. Mine would be an endless string of four letter words, scraped knuckles and how I wasted money on parts that are sitting on a shelf in the garage. I do like that KB kit for the 4.6L GT's though. It looks good and performs even better than it looks.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Reply to
Jay

I can't seem to get the site up.

-- fowler86gt

fowler86gt

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Right. You're just a boring, technobabbling P.E. ;)

True. I'd love to see some real 1/4 mile times for that setup. So Michael, how's the LX doing? Any news?

Joe

I've been called worse. Remember Dennis the menace?

I think it will deliver times a little better than the '03 Cobras at the same rwhp levels. The GT's are lighter and the solid axles make running slicks less troublesome. I would guess mid 11's are possible from a 9 psi intercooled kit with good driving and traction.

The LX hasn't broken anything in a good while. I've actually enjoyed driving it quite a bit this summer and fall. I'm surprised at how well it runs without the water injection hooked up. At 12 psi I'm using the stock timing tables and 22 degrees of timing at WOT with the distributor set at 10 degrees initial advance. Once the water injection is back online I'm curious to see where the timing limit will be. I'm still undecided on what to do about the new engine. I figure I'll make that decision when I need to do it. Now I'm kicking around the idea of swapping in a built/ported to hell 4.6L 2V engine and installing the new KB kit on it. I think that may be the cheapest, easiest way to put

550-600 rwhp/rwtq under the hood.

What's the latest on your LX? Has your son got his license yet? I know he's got to be itching for some seat time in it.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Hey John,

I really enjoyed your site! As a long time 'wannabe' I still dream of putting a supercharger on my car. I've bookmarked your site for future reference... and giggles.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

LOL! Wasn't he a self-proclaimed lawyer or something? Or was it an engineer? ;)

Based on what you've told us, I'd say much better, assuming the Cobra was stock.

Sounds good to me.

Damn! Isn't 10 degrees the stock setting?

I dunno - that motor you're talking about will run what, about $15k- $20k?

The LX has been getting a well-deserved rest in the garage this summer. I've pretty much used it up and put it to sleep. It's been out for short weekend jaunts, but it's been sitting for the most part.

It needs a bunch of normal stuff (oil change, tune up, brakes, etc.), with a few oddball things thrown in (water pump, struts, radiator flush, etc.) for it to be a road warrior again. But the basics are there.

My son's going to be 15 in January, which is when he gets his learner's permit. So yes, he's itching real bad, but he's not going to touch the LX until he's proven himself on the Shoebox.

Joe

He was teaching at an engineering college down south.

They will make more hp on a stock '99+ GT engine the a stock '03 Cobra and do it at about the same boost level. That's the impressive part IMO.

Yes it is. I can't quite figure out was has happened. I asked the guy doing the porting on the heads to take out some material to lower the compression ratio. Maybe he took out more than I thought possible. It didn't detonate even when the air temps were in the 80-90 degree range. The only thing that I can think of that would allow the amount of timing I'm running is a decent drop in the compression ratio.

Not really. The nice thing about a built 4.6L is the stock block is fairly strong and the stock heads can be used and are quite good if ported. This saves several thousand dollars when compared to a 5.0L buildup. The R302 block is $2,000-$2,500 after machining. Add another $2,000 for heads and it adds up. I would think $5k-$7k would get you a decent forged, ported 4.6L engine. The R302 would support mega hp but at a price. The 4.6L allows use of the new intercooled KB kit though.:)

Mine needs new shock/struts, bushings etc. I'm hoping it holds together long enough to install a full MM suspension and high-end brake package. The car's 13 years old and all the suspension parts are original.

Sounds like a good plan. Now's the time to have him start those repairs you mentioned. Wrenching on a car always seems to make the guy turning the wrenches have a healthy respect for it.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE